Wednesday, May 2, 2007

eBay's Feedback Fiasco Is Here

Well it has finally arrived. A feedback system that allows buyers to rate sellers in 5 ways but only allows sellers to rate buyers in 1 way. How can eBay think this is a good idea? I just came from the discussion board on eBay and sellers are up in arms over this one. Besides allowing buyers to have so many rating options in regards to the seller, eBay has also decided to put the auction title and sale price in the feedback rating. What? That is a borderline invasion of privacy. For this fact I will make all my future auctions private. That is if I continue to sell on eBay at all. If these types of "improvements" are the future of eBay, I think I would rather sell elsewhere. Over the next couple of days I'm going to see how I can make Craigslist.com a viable option especially for intangible item purchases such as software and eBooks. Ebay has grown from a kitten to an out of control lion that has totally lost touch with the spirit of its original purpose. Well at least I have my memories of the Good 'Ole Days on eBay.

No comments: