Tuesday, April 10, 2007
My used eBay car
Let me tell you about this guy that let the "market decide" and got screwed!! So this guy a couple of years ago is selling a Toyota 4Runner on eBay, and it's a straight up auction, no buy it now option or anything special. The pictures were of poor quality and the description limited. But it was in my local area. So I email the guy and tell him that I'm interested in bidding and if I could stop by and take a look at the vehicle. He agrees, I checked it out and it needed a clutch and some body work, but I tinker with cars so I could do it cheap myself. So I ask him if he would be willing to sell me the car on the spot for $1,500. Let's go back a minute, I forgot to tell you the current bid was only around $300 at this very moment. Back to the story. The guy tells me..."No, I'm going to let the market decide the price." Okay I said, and didn't offer a second time, cause I knew that his auction listing was piss poor and wasn't anywhere near what I offered him. So a few days go by and I put in a snipe bid for the Toyota of just over $600, and yep I won the car. I didn't rub it in his face when he signed over title for $900 less than I offered him to begin with, but the uncomfortable silence meant we both new that he got screwed by trying to let the 'market decide'. Didn't he know this is eBay? This isn't the usual type of marketplace. I love it when a plan comes together!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment